Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona Bay"

Rick Perry, you sly dog.

I had to do a quick double take when I read the recent official decree that came from the desk of Texas Governor, Rick Perry, which I have linked for you here.

That's right! In response to Texas' record drought conditions and devastating wild fires, the Governor of Texas officially declared last weekend as a state-wide period of prayer for rain:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on that day for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.


Really?? I'm sorry, but to me it seems a little desperate to ask an entire state to throw up their hands in frustration and defeat and plead for help from the heavens. Call me crazy, but maybe the state of Texas should be using their resources for something a little more productive then disseminating their fevered hopelessness at the hands of mother nature's scorn.

Well Mr. Perry, I'll do you one better. Fuck just praying for a little hydro-relief. I'm gonna go for the gold. Here's hoping a tidal wave rolls through and wipes your statehouse off the map you philistine.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
Certainly hope we will.
Sure could use a vacation from this
Bullshit
Three Ring
Circus
Sideshow of
FREAKS

Better learn to swim fuckers. Be careful what you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment