Sunday, April 3, 2011

No One is Smarter Than You Are

Bet y'all thought I forgot about you, didn't ya?

Not today, my friends! I will however have to keep today's post brief. Much last minute packing to be done before moe.cation begins.

But enough of that. Today, my post is dedicated to the memory of one of the most forward and ahead-of-his-time thinkers in recent memory.

Terence McKenna: 1946 - 2000

Yes, sadly today marks the 11th anniversary of the loss of ethnobotanist, activist, Psychonaut and all around great human being, Terence McKenna. McKenna, known for his wild philosophical theories, brought some startling ideas to the forefront of the national consciousness. If you've never heard of his Stoned Ape theory, I suggest you look into it. Remarkably fresh and cutting edge stuff.

Beyond his academic work, McKenna was also known for his mild mannered speech when addressing crowds. I've provided a clip below of a compilation of some of McKenna's thoughts.



Deranged psychotic? Or New Age Prophet? I'll let you decide.

For me, I believe the world is a better place thanks to the influence of Terence. Au revoir, dear Speaker of Truth, you are missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment