Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today in History - Epic Failure!

A happy hump day to you, my friends.

On this day, let us take a moment to stop and reflect on what might have been. 30 years ago, to this very day, the world almost rid itself of the parasitic virus that was Ronald Reagan. On March 30th, 1981, an obsessed Jodie Foster fan fired 6 shots in the general direction of the President, hitting Reagan and 3 of his coterie of scum.

The shooter, John Hinckley, was eventually found not guilty by reason of insanity, with his defense citing a bevy of medical reasons along with an unhealthy obsession with the film Taxi Driver. In my opinion though, all the defense needed to do to prove the insanity plea was to showcase the weapon Hinckley used to attempt the assassination. The man tried to kill a President of the United States with a .22 cal. Rohm RG-14 pistol. Come on now, really? The thing that really kills me is that as a result of this failed assassination is that one of the men who was injured with Reagan went on to champion stricter gun control legislation, which resulted in Clinton signing into law a bill which instated the policy of requiring a 5-day waiting period before people could purchase firearms. Meaning Hinckley could have gone to any gun shop and traded up for something that packed enough of a wallop to get the job done.

So Reagan survived, and went on full steam in his mission to abuse the trust of the American public and facilitate the corporate takeover of our democracy. God Bless America.

Hinckley remains incarcerated in a mental health facility to this day. His attorney's have been pushing that his mental illness is "in remission", and he is allowed unsupervised visits to his parents once a week, though the Secret Service still "voluntarily" supervises Hinckley on these outings. Seriously folks, you can't make this shit up. I'm pulling all of this information off The History Channel's website here.

Now I know some of you out there are probably thinking I'm some obsessed anti-Reagan nut, seeing as this is the second time I've posted about him since the start of this blog, but I swear, that's just the luck of the draw. I had no idea what to write about today, typed "today in history" into Google, and the story you read is what I was hit with.

Oh, and before I close, allow me this quick aside. Also on this day in history, John Denver had his first number 1 hit in 1974 with "Sunshine On My Shoulders."



Talk about Stranger Than Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment