Friday, June 17, 2011

"No Knock Raid"

Top 'o the morning to ye, lads and lassies!

Today, I have a very special edition of It's Just A Ride for you. That's right! Today marks the official milestone of my 100th post. And in honor of that, I've decided to go with a posting that will largely be focused as a music showcase post. But unlike most of my music showcases, this one isn't getting the spotlight just because I think it's a jam. This tune is getting the spotlight because it has a pretty important message.

And that song is "No Knock Raid" by Lindy:



Sporting a haunting melody, and even spookier visuals, "No Knock Raid" is a protest piece shining a little light on one of the most dangerous and morally questionable tactics of the DEA in regards to the War on Drugs. Just about as self-explanatory as a song title and subject matter can get, I don't really need to sit here and try and explain this one to you. Just sit back and give it a listen.

And on a personal note, thanks for sticking with me through 100 posts of rambling madness. Here's to another 100 more.

My old man used to have a clever little toast he would use to get a laugh out of party situations. Never failed to get a chuckle out of me whenever I was down, or getting to heated in an argument that he saw as inconsequential. And I find it a fitting maxim for this little cyber-celebration.

Here's to you, and here's to me
Hope we never disagree
And if we do, well fuck you
Here's to me

Enjoy the day, freaks. I'll be back tomorrow, same bat-time, same bat-channel.

Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment