Friday, June 10, 2011

Thank You, Mr. Ellsberg

Check out this article from The Raw Story

All the crimes Nixon committed are now legal.

Now, that's a point I haven't heard before.

Daniel Ellsberg, the man responsible for leaking Pentagon documents to the New York Times 40 years ago, said in an interview that Richard Nixon would "admire [President Barack] Obama's boldness" in trying to silence whistleblowers.

The actions that in part lead to the resignation of Richard Nixon are now seen almost as commonplace in government actions. Check out this quote from the article:
He would probably also feel vindicated (and envious) that ALL the crimes he committed against me -- which forced his resignation facing impeachment -- are now legal...

That includes burglarizing my former psychoanalyst's office (for material to blackmail me into silence), warrantless wiretapping, using the CIA against an American citizen in the US, and authorizing a White House hit squad to 'incapacitate me totally' (on the steps of the Capitol on May 3, 1971)... But under George W. Bush and Barack Obama, with the PATRIOT Act, the FISA Amendment Act, and (for the hit squad) President Obama's executive orders. [T]hey have all become legal.


Now, I don't know about you, but that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Enjoy the weekend boys and girls.


Scream it from the rooftops.

No comments:

Post a Comment